Friday, February 11, 2011

Is that me?


From Curran & Renzetti (2000), in an article Social Problems, they made a view of people living in modern cities:

Some sociologists also believe that people who live in the cities are surrounded by others who tend to be indifferent and impersonal. Everyone tends to shut out others around them or loosen the traditional social bounds. Thus, they do not rely on each other on a personal level, are less apt to develop personal relationships or even practice discrimination. Such social structural living conditions tend to increase the likelihood of its people developing mental heath problems such as depression.

Urgh. The bold ones. In some angles, these sentences reflect my personality. And I often depressed just suddenly. I mean, the tears just flowing too hard. While hiding the crying sound from being noticed by people around, the feeling just hit my chest so violently. And I don't know why. After a few minutes, it will just stop. Now, is that a kind of mental health problem? Eww.

People always know me as an independent person. That I often eat alone, walk alone, do most of the things alone. And one can hardly ask me to be her company, which I've been longing for.

And I do, find a bit problem to develop a personal relationship. I mean, a close, intimate one.

Now, am I being hit with the crisis?

Ok. I'm not confiding anything here. If you know me, then you know me. The end.

....

This thing just crossed my mind while I'm doing a practice for EAP. The quotation above is in one of the articles I need to summarize. And I suprisingly found it just like who am I, after a few times searching for the points.

p/s: EAP final test will be on this Maulidur Rasul. Pray for my friends, and I :)




6 comments:

  1. OMG,alang baru terfikir pasal ni, dan asyik bermain dalam otak je. tapi disebabkan benda lain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. eerrrkk. ye ke? Alang disebabkan ape?

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best for the EAP.

    you'll meet the intimate one one day..

    insya ALLAH..

    ReplyDelete
  4. alang terfikir tentang kehidupan seorang diri ni sebab :

    " Eat together and not separately, for blessings are associated with company. (Ibn Majah)"

    maka, kurang dapat blessing lah ni?? nak ajak orang lain makan sekali macam susah pulak. bukan taknak tapi selesa seorang diri dan malas nak paksa2 orang makan sekali. kalau diorang nak, join jer lah kan.. errr...

    perlu berubah hidup beramai-ramai kah?

    ReplyDelete
  5. tu lah. utih pun mcm tu. kalau nak join, join je lah.
    tp tu refer kpd keadaan bila dah ajak kot. orang ajak ramai2, jgn pulak tak nak sbb nak sorg2. macam selfish. then, kalau kita ada makanan, jgn mkn sorang2, kongsi2. mmg byk berkat mkn ramai2.

    ok kot..

    ReplyDelete
  6. pk positif.. heee :P

    ikut perangai sape lah yang suke buat keje sendiri-sendiri je??

    ReplyDelete